TDM Systems is the leading provider of Tool Data Management in the machining industry. We are an agile, international, fast-growing organization and part of the Sandvik group of companies. Industry 4.0 and digitization are our central topics and we consider new technologies and trends, including cloud computing. More than 25 years Experience, in-depth development expertise and proximity to tool manufacturers make TDM Systems unique. TDM Systems has its headquarters in Tübingen, Germany and subsidiary in Chicago (USA). TDM Systems Inc. is looking for a High-performing Head of Sales. We offer a unique opportunity to define the vision and execute our strategy to build, shape, and grow our Sales team in North America.
The Head of Sales will be responsible for managing and leading the day-to-day revenue/sales activities for the locally based sales team. This includes many aspects of sales whether assisting, reporting, selling within a defined sales region, monitoring, managing, providing feedback and suggestions/recommendations or planning for growth. This person is also responsible for building executive relationships with clients and partners and ensuring overall client satisfaction at the highest levels.
Reporting to the Global Sales Manager, the Head of Sales is charged with expanding our business and helping take the North American region’s sales to the next level.
- Proven Track Record of Sales Success: Consistent track record of goal attainment and overachievement in a territory. Track record of closing 5-figure and 6-figure deals. Experience with business application sales in a complex selling environment selling directly and through strategic partners. Proven ability to build a strategic and concise territory plan and execute according to plan
- Solution / Offering Knowledge & Expertise: Understands or able to quickly understand the Tool Lifecycle management business and related solutions. Can clearly and succinctly articulate value proposition for what TDM does well. Approaches selling from a business solution perspective to ensure that TDM products and services accurately address the client’s true business need in terms of type, scope, level.
- Sales Management expertise: Proven ability to build a strategic and concise territory plan and execute according to plan. Intensity to surface and cultivate opportunities; tenacious commitment to prospecting and building sales pipeline.
- Industry Knowledge & Expertise: 5 to 10 + years software and solution selling experience. Preferably software solutions for manufacturing/metal cutting industry (industry 4.0.)
- Demonstrated results in growing a business or expanding a market
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask
- Exceptional communication and negotiating skills
- Ability to fully utilize Microsoft Office and relevant tools (Word, Excel, Dynamics, PowerPoint, Teams, LinkedIn)
- University or Bachelor’s degree, in economic sciences, engineering sciences or a comparable course of study.
- Valid and current driver’s license, U.S. Citizens/Permanent Residents only
- Day-to-day revenue/sales activities for a dedicated sales territory.
- Drive sales revenue and develop the pipeline and foundation for future growth. Target new business, both directly and indirectly, assume existing customer accounts and work with our partners.
- Manage processes for pipeline management, forecasting and strategic account development. Achieve sales activity targets for such things as face to face call frequency, demo activity, proposal activity, prospect calling, pipeline size and deal closure.
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships, partner with customers to understand their business needs and objective and Effectively communicate the value proposition through proposals and presentations.
You have Questions, please contact Robert Auer (Director Global Business Development) at robert.auer(at)tdmsystems.com