Comprehensive tool data is vital for the seamless operation of any tool management system. The exchange of data with scheduling and production systems is also reliant on the creation of clean tool data. Automated data creation solutions take the hassle out of this. That's why TDM Systems offers solutions such as the TDM WebCatalog or the TDM Data and Graphic Generator.
This partnership facilitates the use of the ToolsUnited data pool from CIMSOURCE. Having access to this huge selection of data for a wide range of machining tools is of great benefit to the digitalization of the tool inventory and to data maintenance too. The user simply puts the required tool data records in to their ToolsUnited shopping cart and then exports it to TDM as a single package. Using this system saves time on data creation and increases data maintenance efficiency.
Operating the interface is quick and easy. Here are the key technical features at a glance:
- From version TDM 2018 onwards, TDM users automatically fulfill the technical prerequisites for using ToolsUnited
- Global Line users, who work in the Global Line-TDM hybrid mode, can also make use of the ToolsUnited data pool
- Tools can be selected using the ToolsUnited filter functions
- Data can be imported from one or multiple data records
- Data records are automatically checked and can be edited prior to saving
- Data is created directly in the TDM master data
- TDM customers purchase the ToolsUnited data flat rate package directly from TDM Systems
ToolsUnited data inventory
- Currently available: Over 900,000 data records from more than 40 manufacturers (metric)
- For the NAFTA region: Over 350,000 data records from 18 manufacturers (imperial)