Arguably the most integral element of any tool management system is its database. It serves as a source of information, generates added value and describes in detail the geometric and technological features of the tools. With this data as a basis, you are empowered to make daily decisions relating to NC planning and production. That's why it's important that this data is high-quality, comprehensive and consistent in order to network with other systems.
Tool data is more than just tool data. Tool data requirements vary depending on which fields of application you use TDM software in. These requirements range from basic geometric data to comprehensive tool assembly data, supplier information and even simulation-ready 3D tool assembly models and collision data. We have the solutions and expertise needed for all these applications.
In addition to our solutions for digitalizing your tool stocks, such as the TDM Data and Graphic Generators or even the TDM WebCatalog, our data experts are on hand with additional data services:
- Data service: Within a data service project, we first perform an in-depth analysis and description of your tool stock, before creating the data and graphics for you, in line with the requirements of your TDM application. We develop the data sets for items and tool assemblies, produce 2D/3D graphics and look to create a coherent system for identifying the master data.
- Data consultation: We are happy to advise you on which processes and which solutions could be used most effectively to digitalize your tool stocks. A strategic approach, use of efficient import functions and the right data sources facilitate efficient data creation. Our specialists are also highly trained in the process of digitalizing extremely complex tools. You can use your Flex Care Credits to access data consultation services.
Our data experts are the most knowledgeable on the market, and are on hand to support you with your data management. Benefit from their expertise by getting in touch to discuss the best approach for you and your company.
If you're wondering how you can integrate tool management efficiently, then speak to our experts to define the areas of application of TDM software in your company. Your TDM contacts have real-life experience in the field and know the processes and software environments used in machining companies.
Utilize our knowledge and our expertise in tool management, in integration into planning and production systems and in process optimization and you will benefit from the best solutions. Contact us now!
- Project management: Creation of the project plan including all actions, deadlines, software solutions, project management and supervision.
- Digital tool management: Review of classification, scope and quality of tool data, examination of legacy data integration, implementation of TDM Data and Graphic Generators and tool catalogs.
- Crib management and tool logistics: Analysis of the existing processes in the crib and on the shopfloor. Development of a stock control concept with regard to fixed or chaotic storage, structure of cost centers and the use of automated and manual storage facilities.
- Tool presetting: Assistance in the creation of control-compatible formatted actual tool data as well as the data transfer to the machine control system, consulting on the use of tool identification systems and the management of duplicate or sister tools.